Lately, I have been into reading lots of ‘humor’ and the latest one has really impressed me. It made me laugh out loud. It’s a ‘cute, funny book’ that’s been read by millions since 1996. It’s ‘Bridget’s Jones Diary’ where in she captures everyday happenings of her life over a period of a year. A light, refreshing and enjoyable book and I believe that’s where ‘chick lit’ came in from.
Her life, over the year is likeable, amusing, annoying and dramatic. I specially liked the ‘italic’ lines where she made a wise note of all the food/alcohol/calories consumed, cigarettes smoked each day. This was inspiring to see her efforts for losing some pounds, though deviating from the resolutions quite often. At the same time, the search for the right guy, a satisfying career and inner poise make her go through various ups and the downs like anyone’s life. She does all insane, stupid things which make Bridget unique, adorable, crazy and the loved one.
The humor was at its best and I loved Bridget, she was absolutely carefree and her acts were convincingly real. Her positive attitude in trying to keep up the affair with her boss is mystical. All other relationships in the book have a satirical presence. Her musings and cribbing were very funny in the writings but it’s the way we all react in our everyday life; it felt as if there was some part of me. She has confessed and written down her personal thoughts with so much ease. Also hats off to the punctuality. I regularly fail to put down everything in my book.
It’s been a great read and funny too. Absolutely, unputdownable! Must read, even if you have seen the movie. I am looking forward to reading the sequel book.
- Bridget Jones’s Diary III (girlygirl.typepad.com)
- Bridget Jones, Part 3? Yes, Please. (christabanister.typepad.com)
- Bridget Jones on the edge of further adventures, says Helen Fielding (guardian.co.uk)
- Third ‘Bridget Jones’ Novel in the Works (hollywood.com)
- New Bridget Jones Book (thefashionablereader.wordpress.com)
- A third Bridget Jones book is on the way (thevine.com.au)
- Fielding pens third Bridget Jones (bbc.co.uk)